Thursday, April 28, 2005

The Onset of ADD

I have never in my life had such a difficult time finishing books as I am having right now. It's disgusting. My attention span is almost nonexistent. Seriously, here's how many books I'm reading on my own (non-school) right now:

  • The Wings of the Dove by Henry James
  • The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien
  • In the Heart of the Heart of the Country and Other Stories by William H. Gass
  • Dubliners by James Joyce
  • Will in the World: How Shakespeare became Shakespeare by Henry Greenblatt
  • The Education of Henry Adams by Henry Adams
  • Containment Culture: American Narrative, Postmodernism, and the Atomic Age by Alan Nadel
  • The Culture of Fear: Why Americans Are Afraid of the Wrong Things by Barry Glassner
And I'm probably forgetting something. These aren't even the books that I've just read a page of, either. I've read at least a quarter of all of them. I honestly don't think I've ever exceeded two or three books at once before. And this isn't even counting my ever ongoing quest to finish the Bible and The Complete Works of Shakespeare. Eck. I think this weekend I just need to knock off at least one if not two of the ones that are closest to finished and continue to work through them in like manner over the next few weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home